Friday, January 1, 2010

1 Churches


SAINTS PETER AND PAUL CHURCH. NORTH BEACH, SAN FRANCISCO

At the stroke of midnight on January 1st, I was toasting with friends, old, new, and very new, in the Mission District of San Francisco. I guess making my first photo mission in that district would have made for a more fitting start to this journey, but I hadn't dare take my camera with me for fear of a debaucherous mishap. If you had seen me in all my glory that night, you would say, "Thank God you didn't bring your camera" as it probably would have ended up in an abandoned baby stroller or doused in Red Bull. So, picture-taking would have to wait until multiple bouts of restful slumber and copious amounts of liquids sobered me enough to venture out once again.

Melissa, Bobee, and I decided to drive to the city since it had rained most of the afternoon. After some tourist time in Fisherman's Wharf, we took a stroll through North Beach to have a couple beers at Rogue Ales Public House. The fallen rain made for some great reflections and I snapped a few shots on our walk.

This photo was taken a few blocks from the pub. The building structure itself was a sight to see. I'm a sucker for some Gothic architecture. I especially was drawn to the view of Coit Tower, located on Telegraph Hill, in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment