Sunday, January 17, 2010

17 Two Wheels


Two Wheels, originally uploaded by sulalala.

The rain has returned. I love it. That is unless I'm driving through pools of it in heavy traffic. Today was a love day. I went to check out photo l.a., a 3-day photo exposition at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium.

The best thing about photography shows are the feelings they provoke. My appreciation continues to grow for film, and one day, I will be bold enough to try my hand at it again, especially since Melissa is thinking about installing a dark room in her house. There were some prints that blew my mind dating back almost 100 years. And then, there were the contemporary pieces where you think, how did they do that? My favorites are always ones that rely on good composition and capture a moment in time. Overall, it was just an inspiring show and made me want to keep shooting and reach further.

As we left, the rain started to fall. It mainly just drizzled but left a nice coating on the ground as we took a stroll to the 3rd Street Promenade. Santa came back as stylish as ever, rockin' the matching bike tires to his jumper and sunglasses. Gotta love L.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment