Sunday, January 3, 2010

3 Food For Thought


BBQ CHICKEN (닭불고기) OVER KIMCHI (김치).
HAE JANG CHON (해장촌) KOREAN BBQ RESTAURANT. KOREATOWN, LOS ANGELES

I was exhausted, to say the least, after our 6-hour drive back down to LA from SF. Sunday was my least productive day of the year so far, but it was definitely necessary.

After sleeping most of the morning and taking a lot of time to myself, I trekked across town to pick up a couple friends and headed to Koreatown. We had made plans to check out an all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ restaurant (Hae Jang Chon) I had gone to in November.

I was planning on making the mission of the day, "My Breakfast, My Lunch, My Dinner", however, waking up at noon doesn't leave much time for more than brunch. Hence, "Food For Thought". There's something about eating in a stupor that is so fulfilling.

We tried a few different varieties: bulgogi, chicken bulgogi, and marinated kalbi. I think I have definitely overdone AYCE in the past, but this time was much more balanced. The kimchi jeon (pancakes) are probably the highlight at Hae Jang Chon. However, I'm a big fan of straight up meat wrapped in kimchi. ...nom nom nom...

No comments:

Post a Comment