Tuesday, January 5, 2010

5 Psychedelic Christmas


THE AMERICANA @ BRAND. GLENDALE, CA

I had a feeling the Americana would be a good place to fulfill this mission. Christmas in California is strange as it is, especially at an outdoor mall lined in palm trees on a 75° day, two weeks after Christmas.

I had initially taken the elevator to the roof of the parking garage, eight stories up, to attempt some tilt-shift pictures with my new lensbaby. I had snapped a few shots, nothing that spectacular, when I was kicked out by a security guard. Apparently, she told me, the roof isn't open to the public and then proceeded to tell me all about her son and his upcoming wedding.

I headed down to the main level and snapped a few of the giant Christmas tree before music started blaring. Onlookers rushed to the Bellagio-esque fountain so I knew that's where I had to be.

Every once in a while, I end up with a really nice shot with my lensbaby (I'm still learning how to use it). This was one that came at the right time and place for my mission, in front of Santa's workshop. Quite psychedelic, although if I were Santa, I'd probably have a lit watershow in front of my house, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment